Thursday, July 10, 2008

Hot Sauce Pick - Cholula

There are a ton of hot sauces on the market. Which ones are really worth buying? There are a number of factors involved, and ultimately individual taste is what it boils down to.

Do you like it mild with good flavor, or crazy hot with a bad taste? Do you like it salty, or do you want a more mellow flavor? Is vinegar good or bad in your book? As for me, it depends on what I am eating. When I am eating microwavable chimichangas or burritos, carne asada tacos, or fajitas, I almost always go for the Cholula.

Cholula has a great flavor and packs a decent amount of heat. It could be a little hotter in my opinion, but the taste more than makes up for it. I LOVE hot sauce. I love it HOT. I am not as crazy as some people I know, but I can handle a pretty high intensity. I don't want to sacrifice taste for heat though. This is why I don't like Tabasco all that much.

Cholula has a great flavor. It is imported from Mexico, so you know it is authentic. If you are looking for something with a kick that also tastes good, give this a shot.

No comments: