Monday, July 7, 2008

Tri-Tip Quesadillas

See the post "Slow-Cooker Tri-Tip Recipe" for instructions on making the meat. With every great recipe comes the chance for great leftovers. This is how I made a quesadilla from the leftovers of my slow-cooker tri-tip.

  • Slow Cooked Tri-Tip
  • Medium or Sharp Cheddar Cheese (I recommend Tillamook)
  • Flour Tortillas
  • your favorite hot sauce

Quesadillas are really basic. Butter a frying pan and place a tortilla in the pan with a low flame. Heat the tortilla briefly and add the meat. Shake the pan every so often to keep the tortilla from burning. When the meat has begun heating up, add the cheddar cheese. Fold the tortilla in half and cook on each side. The quesadilla is done when the cheese is melted. Repeat for desired number of quesadillas.

Add some hot sauce, slice into wedges, and serve.

1 comment:

Haute in LA said...

Mouth is watering, tummy is growling and I'M SO MAD that I burned my chicken an hour ago. :-(

www.singleinla.today.com