Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Slow-Cooker BBQ Tri-Tip

My wife made some really good BBQ Tri-Tip today in the slow-cooker. The recipe is pretty easy to follow. You would swear you got this meat from a professional. I was really impressed. Here are the ingredients. As always, feel free to give it a little bit of your own flavor.

  • (1) Tri-Tip Steak
  • Stubbs BBQ Rub (available at Vons)
  • 1 bottle Trader Joe's Smoky Kansas Style BBQ Sauce

Cover the meat with a thin layer of the BBQ rub and work it into the meat. Place the meat in the slow-cooker. Pour the whole bottle of BBQ sauce on top of the meat. You can cook it at whatever temp your available time allows. We cooked it on high for 6 hours and it was still pretty tender.

The BBQ sauce we used was particularly good. I highly recommend you give it a shot. Hopefully you have a Trader Joe's near you.

Once the meat is ready you can do what you'd like with it. We made some sandwiches with a little mayo, bread & butter pickles, sliced onions, and of course extra BBQ sauce. No matter how you prepare your favorite BBQ sandwich, this meat is sure to please.

Let me know how it goes.

7 comments:

John said...

Hey Surfer J..

I wanted to spin by with a big "Thanks"..

and I ended up with a cool recipe...

I'll let you know how it comes out :)

You're one of my TOP 10 Droppers and I appreciate the traffic.

To return the favor and to say "Thank You"...

I just nominated you for the "TOP DROPPER AWARD"

Feel free to stop by and nominate "your" Top Two Droppers..

They will appreciate it

All The Best
John

ps: "Way Kool Blog"

Jared said...

Thanks for your support. I appreciate it. I will be sure to nominate my top droppers.

Michelle said...

Oh man what is with everyone and the pictures of BBQ on their blogs this weekend. Now I don't know whether to break out the slow cooker or the grill a blog a few blogs back had spare ribs.


I can be found here
One of a Kind Wisconsin.

Jared said...

Michelle,

I normally would pick BBQ over slow-cooker any day, but this recipe is so good it is a tough call. If you feel inclined to BBQ, be sure to try the marinades I posted.

Webuck, I am always happy to provide mouth-watering recipes. :)

Unknown said...

Another great thing is to do pork this way, simply divine.

Babette said...

I love Tri-tip. Too bad here in MA they don't sell the whole Tri-tip unlike in the Bay Area where we used to live. Thanks for sharing this, I can't wait to try it.

Vixen of Vixensden.com said...

I have never been to Trader Joe's. But I know where one is exactly across the street from a meeting I have today! So I am all over this. Testing will commence tomorrow..

Have a great weekend.
Vix
http://vixensden.com